This DIY eye serum contains aloe Vera, coconut oil, vitamin E and castor oil for an moisturising, lash extending, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effect.
Aloe Vera contains 18 amino acids, vitamins ( such as A, C, B12 and E) and minerals (such as zinc, calcium and magnesium) that work together to heal and soothe dry and irritated skin. It has strong anti-inflammatory, fungal and microbial properties and thus may help to reduce inflammation and puffiness. Moreover, it might have anti-aging properties as it helps collagen formation and may help to fight off free radicals that can cause wrinkles.
Coconut oil also has strong anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties and thus may aid in reducing irritation and swelling. It might also encourage the production of collagen which can help keeping the skin looking youthful and soften wrinkles. Coconut oil is very moisturizing.
Vitamin E is one of the most powerful antioxidants. It can neutralize free radicals (especially UV radiation) and thus may reduce cellular damage and inflammation. It can help protect and repairs skin and help reduce aging.
Castor oil has been found to stimulate hair growth. It is high in omega-9 fatty acids which are very nourishing for the hair and the follicles. It also contains ricinoleic acid which has anti-microbial properties and therefore assists keeping certain microbes from inhibiting hair growth. Castor oil is deeply penetrating and can deliver nutrients deep into the pores where they’re needed. Its thick consistency may also help to coat and protect the hair and make eye-lashes appear longer and thicker.
This eye serum is really easy to make and only takes 2 minutes to put together.
Apply it morning and/or night under your eyes and to the eye-lashes. Use your ring fingers to apply it around the eyes and/or an old mascara brush to apply it to the lashes.
- 1 Tsp aloe vera gel
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1/2 tsp castor oil
- Melt the coconut oil
- Add the castor oil
- Let cool a bit
- Then add the aloe vera and vitamin E
- Mix everything well together and store in a small jar
- Apply around the eyes morning and/or night
- http://www.livestrong.com/article/172068-what-are-the-benefits-of-aloe-vera-gel-around-the-eyes/ http://www.aloeplant.info/aloe-vera-for-the-eyes-and-ears/
- http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/12334/1/What-Are-the-Benefits-of-Aloe-Vera-Gel-Around-the-Eyes.html http://www.rd.com/slideshows/coconut-oil-uses/#slideshow=slide4 http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/11/18/coconut-oil-uses.aspx
- http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/information/nutrition/vitamin-e-benefit-skin.htm http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/micronutrients-health/skin-health/nutrient-index/vitamin-E#conclusion http://blogs.naturalnews.com/castor-oil-is-great-for-thickening-and-regrowing-hair-eyelashes-and-eyebrows/