I am passionate about health and wellness from an evolutionary perspective and am personally following a paleo diet (aka caveman or primal diet).
Our ancestors were not plagued by the chronic health problems that face us today and are thought to have had superior fitness, too.
I strongly believe that a lot of our health problems today are due to a mismatch between our genes and the modern environment. We have evolved to eat and move in a certain way but our environment has changed drastically.
I believe that eating nutrient-dense foods again and allowing ourselves to move and de-stress can restore our health and fitness.
I am also passionate about staying up to date with the latest research relating to health and nutrition.
However, my approach is to find a diet and lifestyle that works for YOU and not to follow a certain dogma. But I will always try and do so following an evidence-based approach.
When nutrition and lifestyle are optimized a healthy weight can be achieved without starving yourself.
So how can I help you to improve your health, well-being and weight-loss goals?
- Remove foods that stand in the way of your wellbeing and introduce foods that can fuel your body
- Balance your meals for sustained energy levels and reduced food cravings, and where needed manage portion sizes for weight-loss
- Optimize digestion so that nutrients can be efficiently absorbed and used by the body
- Manage stress, optimize sleep and find physical activities that you can enjoy
- Address emotional issues and low self-esteem that might hold you back and make you crave certain foods
Talk to me…
If you are curious to learn more you can schedule a free 15 minute consultation with me.
I look forward to hearing from you!