Today I decided to try out making a rhubarb and berry smoothie. I like a nice smoothie in the morning and often make one for my boyfriend to get a few more nutrients into him.
It’s berry season and I managed to get hold of some fresh raspberries and strawberries (nom).
Every gardener also seems to successfully grow plenty of rhubarb so I got given a bag by a friend.
I figured these summer fruits would go nicely with my homemade yoghurt so I decided to blend them all into a smoothie. It is quite tangy so it needs to be sweetened with some honey, which results in a refreshing sweet and sour combination.
I used the rhubarb frozen which works well and cools the smoothie down to the perfect temperature.
The yoghurt gives it a probiotic boost, too.
- Handful of raspberries and strawberries
- Handful of rhubarb, frozen
- 5 Tbsp of live yoghurt (ideally homemade)
- 1 Tbsp of raw honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Top up with about half a pint of water
- Blend well
- Add more water if too thick until the desired consistency is achieved
- Drink immediately