These real food healthy snowballs are a guilt-free treat and really easy to prepare and they only require 3 ingredients.
They are a great snack and pretty filling too and they’ll keep for quite a while (if you can resist eating them straight away).
Any nut could be used and cashew nuts work well but I opt for coconut as it’s cheaper and doesn’t contain as many anti-nutrients as other nuts. They also seem to be better tolerated by more people. Dates are a great nutrient-rich natural sweetener and also contain β–Glucans which are a prebiotic (food for beneficial bacteria). Dark cocoa has long been known for its health benefits including heart health. Cocoa also contains polyphenols and flavonoids.
- 200 gram Organic Dates
- 200 gram Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- Process the desiccated coconut into a fine powder using a food processor or juicer. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Process the dates into a paste
- Combine coconut, dates and cacao powder in the bowl and with your hands form a dough. If the mixture is too dry you can add a tiny bit of water or some coconut oil.
- Form the dough into small separate balls
- Coat the balls in desiccated coconut