Pizza without all the carbs and grain, plus added vegetables!
When working with courgette for baking the trick is to squeeze all the water out.
In order to do that I shred the courgette with my food processor and then wrap it in a kitchen towel and squeeze it until most of the water has gone and the shredded courgette has shrunk quite a bit in size.
The crust will stay soft when baked but you’d never know it’s packed with vegetables! This is picky-eater approved!
- 1 big marrow or 4 courgettes
- 100 g coconut flour (or flour of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1 tin of tuna
- 100 g tomato paste
- 150 g cheese of your choice (I used cheddar)
- Shred the courgette or marrow using a food processor. Place on a clean kitchen towel of cheese-cloth and squeeze out water
- Combine the shredded and dry courgette with the flour and eggs and blend well using a food processor
- Place mixture on a large backing tray lined with parchment paper and spread out to form a pizza shape
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins at 200 degrees or until golden brown
- In the meantime, cut the broccoli into small pieces and steam for 4 minutes
- When the crust is ready, spread with tomato paste and then layer with broccoli and tuna (or top-ping of your choice)
- Finally, top with grated cheese and place in the oven for another 5–10 minutes